This page tracks recent changes to the Twitter enterprise API platform. Please check back here for updates, announcements, and other API platform changes.
May 14th, 2018
- Today, we are changing all instances of
profile_background_image_url_httpsto their default values. Please read our forum post for more details.
- In addition to the above change, we are adding a new field to the Account Activity API payloads to reference which subscription the activity was delivered for. This JSON object is called
for_user_idand will include the subscribed user's ID who produced that activity as its value. You can see some examples of this new JSON object in our account activity objects page.
May 10th, 2018
- Today, we are announcing a change to the way that URLs will be rendered in the Quote Tweet payload.
- We’re adding a new entity called the "quoted_status_permalink" entity to ensure the quoted Tweet can be referenced and we will be removing the t.co link from the quoted Tweet "text" field.
- With the new format, the t.co link is no longer appended to the "text" field of the quoted Tweet in the "quoted_status" object.
- Further, we will no longer put the quoted Tweet t.co url, expanded_url, and display_url in the ‘urls’ entity. Instead, these will be added to a new "quoted_status_permalink" object with "url", "expanded", and "display" URL attributes. This means that the "quoted_status_permalink" object will be reserved for the t.co link back to the quoted Tweet, whereas the "entities.urls" array can be used to identify any links shared within the original Tweet or Quote Tweet.
- Please read our forum post and updated documentation for more details.
April 24th, 2018
- Today we announced several updates to the platform related to GDPR. Please read our forum post for more details.
March 1, 2018
- The addition of a new object to the Tweet payload –
additional_media_info object– and also restricting some video details (
video_info) for promoted Tweets where advertisers have requested we limit video playback to Twitter owned clients. You can find additional information about this change at the following link: Extended Entities Objects > Tweet with native video.
December 15, 2017
- Version 2.0 of twitter-text is now available on GitHub. This update addresses the change in our character limit that was rolled out on November 7th, 2017. To learn more about this update, please visit our forum.
November 7th, 2017
- Official launch of 280 character Tweets in languages where cramming was an issue. Please see our forum announcement or official blog post for further reference.
October 11th, 2017
- A change was made to Twitter’s backend OAuth API endpoints which altered the behaviour of the /oauth/authenticate endpoint to match that of the /oauth/authorize endpoint. Read more about this update on our forum.
September 26th, 2017
- The response payload for 280 character tweets will be treated the same way as long tweets. Read more about this update on our forum.
August 7, 2017
- 30-Day and Full-Archive Search ended support for
url_contains:operator. Deprecation of this operator was announced as part of the Gnip 2.0 migration in August 2016. Any Search query using the
url_contains:Operator will be rejected as invalid.
July 6, 2017
- The enterprise Search API (both 30-Day and Full-Archive) will no longer support the
url_contains:operator beginning 30 days from today, or after August 4, 2017 (Support of
url_contains:will actually end with the first deploy after that date). Deprecation of this Operator was announced as part of the Gnip 2.0 migration in August 2016. When Operator support is ended, any query using the
url_contains:will be rejected as invalid.
April 25th, 2017
- Rules with emojis are now available in the enterprise Search APIs
February 22nd, 2017
- New Enrichment! Poll Metadata is now available through our enterprise APIs. See the documentation for more details.
- New payload field: Image Alt-Text (
decription) field may be present in the
extended_entities.mediasection of the payload if a user chooses chooses the "Add description" option when adding a photo to a Tweet. This is available in enriched native format only.
- Default payload format: Newly created streams on Gnip products will now default to orriginal format JSON.
January 23rd, 2017
- Historical PowerTrack API & Replay API
- Quote Tweet filtering is now supported
- Quoted Tweets are now fully rehydrated within HPT and Replay Tweet payloads
January 17th, 2017
- New payload fields:
reply_countare now available in native enriched format payloads across Realtime and Historical APIs
December 20th, 2016
- Full-Archive Search API (FAS):
- Added support for additional geo operators:
December 5th, 2016
- Rule management (GET and DELETE) by Rule ID is now available for PowerTrack 2.0 and PowerTrack Replay 2.0
November 10th, 2016
- 30-Day Search API:
- Added support for additional geo operators: