Support > Twitter API > General
General Twitter API support
The Twitter API has a ton of functionality. Here we answer frequently asked questions about the Twitter API.
What is the Twitter API?
The Twitter API enables programmatic access to Twitter in unique and advanced ways. Use it to analyze, learn from, and interact with Tweets, Direct Messages, users, and other key Twitter resources. Every day, developers across the world work with the Twitter API to create, study, and improve the public conversation happening on Twitter.
Who is using the Twitter API?
There are thousands of developers using the Twitter API, including but not limted to, commercial Twitter partners, academic researchers, publishers, bot developers and students. Review some example use cases and case studies.
How can I get started as a Twitter developer?
The Twitter developer platform getting started guide, and fundamentals section of the technical documentation is a great place for all developers to start becoming familiar with the set up and components of the platform.
You will need a developer account to build with the Twitter API. This gives you access to the Twitter developer portal: a set of self-serve tools that you can use to set up your Twitter API access through Projects and Twitter Apps.
How can I join the Twitter developer community?
There are many ways to participate in the Twitter developer community, such as attending an event, connecting with a developer group in your area, joining the conversation on the community forums.
How can I participate in the Twitter developer community?
We encourage you to join the conversation by posting topics and engaging in conversations on our community forum. Review the community forum guidelines. Twitter employees are also there to moderate.
The Twitter developer community has built many open sourced tools to help others, if you have something to share we would encourage you to post to our Libraries & SDKs forum.
Read more about our Twitter Developer Insider Program launch, and review the eligibility requirements.
Where can I get support while building with the Twitter API?
- Review your account setup in the developer portal.
- Technical documentation: Start with fundamentals. Each Twitter API endpoint will have an overview, integration guides, and API reference. The API reference index can get you to these details quickly.
- Check the current Twitter API status on the live API status page.
- Support center: You're there! There are several frequently asked questions and answers for Twitter API topics including; error troubleshooting, developer account, developer terms, Twitter API v2. Review these common issues to improve your understanding of the platform.
- Request support: API Policy Support
- Community discussion forums. We encourage you to join the conversation by responding to questions and engaging in conversations on our forum. Review the community forum guidelines. Twitter employees are also there to moderate.
- TwitterDev Github
- Twitter Postman
- For help with your Twitter account, please visit help.twitter.com
Where can I share feature requests, or other feedback for the Twitter API?
If you have feature requests or feedback, please submit these through the Twitter Developer Platform Feedback Form. Review the product roadmap for upcoming plans.