This endpoint has been updated to include Tweet edit metadata. Learn more about these metadata on the "Edit Tweets" fundamentals page.
This endpoint is often used with the Direct Messages endpoints. We have launched new v2 Direct Messages endpoints. Note that the Enterprise and Premium Account Activity APIs support v2 one-to-one messages, but do not yet support group conversations.
The Account Activity API provides you the ability to subscribe to realtime activities related to a user account via webhooks. This means that you can receive realtime Tweets, Direct Messages, and other account events from one or more of your owned or subscribed accounts through a single connection.
You will receive all related activities below for each user subscription on your webhook registration:
Please note - We do not deliver home timeline data via the Account Activity API. Please use the GET statuses/home_timeline to pull this data.
Check out our four-part video series on the Account Activity API to get up to speed!
There are currently three tiers of Account Activity API that you can scale with. This section describes the premium tiers. You can learn more about the enterprise tier by navigating to the enterprise Account Activity API section.
|Tier||Pricing||Number of unique subscriptions||Number of webhooks||Reliability and Activity Recovery|
|Premium||Free (Sandbox)||Up to 15||1||No retries|
|Premium||Paid||Up to 25, 50,100, 250||2||Retries|
|Enterprise||Contact sales||Up to 500+||3+||Retries and Replay|
- Apply for access and get started with webhooks.
- Check out our API references to find the right endpoint for the job.
- Follow this step-by-step tutorial on how to get started with the Account Activity API.
- Follow this step-by-step tutorial on how to build a customer engagement application on Twitter.
- Have questions? Running into errors?
- Explore our sample code:
- Premium Account Activity API dashboard, a node web app that displays webhook events.
- The SnowBot chatbot, a Ruby web app built on the enterprise Account Activity and Direct Message APIs.
- Autohook, a Node.js module and a commad line interface to immediately deploy webooks on the premium Account Activity API.