The Account Activity API provides you the ability to subscribe to realtime activities related to a user account via webhooks. This means that you can receive realtime Tweets, Direct Messages, and other account events from one or more of your owned or subscribed accounts through a single connection.
You will receive all related activities below for each user subscription on your webhook registration:
Please note - We do not deliver home timeline data via the Account Activity API. Please use the GET statuses/home_timeline to pull this data.
Check out our four-part video series on the Account Activity API to get up to speed!
- Apply for access and get started with webhooks.
- Check out our API references to find the right endpoint for the job.
- Follow this step-by-step tutorial on how to get started with the Account Activity API.
- Follow this step-by-step tutorial on how to build a customer engagement application on Twitter.
- Have questions? Running into errors?
- Explore our sample code: