- Accounts and users
- Direct Messages
- Publisher tools & SDKs
- Twitter for Websites
- Developer utilities
- API reference index
The apps.twitter.com application interface offers the ability to generate an access token and secret for the owner of the application. This is useful if:
- Your application only needs to make requests on behalf of a single user (for example, establishing a connection to the Streaming API).
- You wish to test API functionality from a single account before building out the 3-Legged OAuth flow.
Generating access tokens
- Login to the apps.twitter.com interface using your Twitter credentials
- Create an app or open an existing app that you would like to create access tokens for
- Navigate to the 'Keys and Access Tokens' page
- Scroll down and click on the 'Create my access token' button
- Take note of your access token as you will use in to access certain API endpoints