- Accounts and users
- Direct Messages
- Publisher tools & SDKs
- Developer utilities
- API reference index
Account Activity API (beta)
The Account Activity API (beta) delivers realtime access to all activities related to a Twitter account via webhooks. Activities include:
- Quote Tweets
- Retweets of Quoted Tweets
- Direct Messages sent and received
- Typing indicators
- Read receipts
Developers looking for beta access to the Account Activity API product can apply for access through our new developer access application. It is important to note, in the use case details section, make sure to:
- be thorough in describing what you're building
- clearly state that you need access to the Account Activity API beta
- include the app ID of the app you plan to use (you can find this in the browser URL for your app on apps.twitter.com)
Acceptance to the beta for those who have applied correctly and met the requirements typically happens within 2 weeks of applying.
Those needing access to more than 35 subscriptions, reliability features, multiple webhook connections, or managed support should apply for enterprise level access here.
Replacement for User streams and Site streams
The Account Activity API will replace the User streams and Site streams APIs. Additionally, we plan to sunset those APIs on Tuesday June 19, 2018.