Subscribe to account activity
We have retired the Site Streams, User Streams, and standard beta version of the Account Activity API - DM Only products. If you had been using those products, please make sure to migrate over to the premium or enterprise version of the Account Activity API.
We have also retired the legacy Direct Message endpoints. If you had been using those endpoints, please make sure to migrate over to either the new DM endpoints, or to the premium or enterprise version of the Account Activity API.
Please review this announcment to learn more.
Last April we announced many changes coming to our platform including replacing existing endpoints with improved versions. We’ve been steadily launching new APIs and on December 19th we announced that we would be deprecating a few services after six months. Developers using Site Streams, User Streams and legacy Direct Message endpoints have three additional months for migration, beyond the original retirement date of June 19th, 2018.
Here are the endpoints that will be affected by these changes:
- User Streams
- Site Streams
- GET direct_messages
- GET direct_messages/sent
- GET direct_messages/show
- POST direct_messages/new
- POST direct_messages/destroy
We have new endpoints and services available that provide similar access and, for Direct Messages, some additional functionality:
- Account Activity API enterprise and premium
- GET direct_messages/events/list
- GET direct_messages/events/show
- POST direct_messages/events/new
- POST direct_messages/events/destroy
To help you make a smooth migration to these new endpoints and services we have two migration guides:
- Account Activity API migration guide for those going from User Streams and Site Streams to our new webhooks based service
- Direct Message migration guide for those migrating between Direct Message REST endpoints
Additionally, we have a series of videos about the Account Activity API and how to get started.
And, finally, we have code samples to further your understanding and help you get started quickly:
- The Account Activity Dashboard is a sample Node.js web app with helper scripts to get started with the Account Activity API.
- SnowBot is a sample chatbot using the Account Activity API and REST Direct Message endpoints. It’s written in Ruby, uses the Sinatra web app framework, and is deployed on Heroku.
If you are building solutions that ingest data and respond in Direct Messages we also have a Building a Customer Engagement Application on Twitter playbook.
Review our Direct Message API migration guide
Learn more about the Account Activity API